Anonymous asked:Okay this might sound like the weirdest ask ever and I apologize in advanced for that. Whenever I rp a boy, I feel like I'm terrible at it. I feel like I can't give any of my partners "feels" and they think I am a very "basic" roleplayer. Any ideas on how I could change this?
Assuming you are a girl, here are some guides on playing both a boy and a gender different from your own:
- this question - guidingwriters
- Writing from a guy’s perspective - thewritershelpers
- Writing Male Protagonists When You’re A Female Writer - whataboutwriting
- this question - whataboutwriting
- On Playing A Male - fuckyeahroleplayadvice
- Playing A Male Character as a Female Writer - rpconseil
- this question - kgillsrpc
- this question - screenandscripts
- Writing A Believable Male Character - writeworld
- Writing Characters of a Different Gender - drinkmereadme
- Playing A Different Gender from Your Own - thetrolliestcritic
I hope that helps!